SALT LAKE CITY – It’s getting cheaper to take a trip through Salt Lake City International Airport if you’re a skier, mountain biker, or golfer.
Delta has announced it is dropping its $150 fee to check sporting equipment one way.
Utah Director of Tourism Vicki Varela believes it will help boost the state’s economy. That’s because 5 million skiers from around the world hit Utah’s slopes every year.
“The majority of our skiers come in on Delta. This is [an extra] $300 that they can spend on our great restaurants and our great culture,” Varela says.
Travelers will pay regular rates to check their baggage. Bulky luggage may also cost extra.
People are also being warned that airlines who partner with Delta may continue to charge another fee to check sporting equipment.
Analysts say dropping fees is a way for Delta to compete with American, Southwest, and other carriers who do not have them.
Today’s Top Stories
- Teacher stands by as Vernal Middle School student is viciously assaulted
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces first ever African-American General Authority
- Feds warn UFO enthusiasts against storming Area 51: The military ‘stands ready’
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Bodies of missing girls found in Utah Lake
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- AP changes writing style to capitalize ”b” in Black
- Sergeant Brian Taylor, Provo Police Department
- Police say West Valley City man planned mass shooting during SLC protest
- Actress sues actor Tom Sizemore, claiming sex abuse on set