SALT LAKE CITY – It’s getting cheaper to take a trip through Salt Lake City International Airport if you’re a skier, mountain biker, or golfer.
Delta has announced it is dropping its $150 fee to check sporting equipment one way.
Utah Director of Tourism Vicki Varela believes it will help boost the state’s economy. That’s because 5 million skiers from around the world hit Utah’s slopes every year.
“The majority of our skiers come in on Delta. This is [an extra] $300 that they can spend on our great restaurants and our great culture,” Varela says.
Travelers will pay regular rates to check their baggage. Bulky luggage may also cost extra.
People are also being warned that airlines who partner with Delta may continue to charge another fee to check sporting equipment.
Analysts say dropping fees is a way for Delta to compete with American, Southwest, and other carriers who do not have them.
Today’s Top Stories
- Mary Poppins meets James Bond: Will Meghan and Harry hire a Norland nanny for the royal baby?
- UVU students win records fight over campus police reports
- Drugs and other crimes still a big problem in county jails
- Salt Lake City high schools may start later in 2021
- BYU Study: Drinking High-Fat Milk Connected With Biological Aging
- Tara Francyk-Wells – West Jordan Elementary
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor
- Emergency responders urge tourists to stay home after rescue in Emery County
- Child poverty in Utah is down from last year