WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (AP) — Police say a suspect is in custody in connection with a shooting in West Valley City that left one woman dead and a teenage boy injured.
West Valley Police say 38-year-old Jayson Rue Chase has been booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on suspicion of murder, aggravated assault, felony discharge of a firearm, possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person.
It was unclear Sunday if Chase has a lawyer yet.
Police say it appears the victims were in a car with Chase when shots were fired.
A 15-year-old boy suffered a gunshot wound to a shoulder and 34-year-old woman was dead in the car’s back seat with an apparent gunshot wound to the head.
The names of the dead woman and the wounded teen haven’t been released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Bodies of missing girls found in Utah Lake
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces first ever African-American General Authority
- Sergeant Brian Taylor, Provo Police Department
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Actress sues actor Tom Sizemore, claiming sex abuse on set
- Utah County Commissioner wants Utah open for business
- Former Seven Peaks employee accused of brazen burglary at the water park
- Spring snowstorm brings down tree branches
- Two boys in custody in connection with South Jordan gun theft