The Weber County Sheriff’s Office said deputies responding to a 911 call early Saturday found it about 160 feet (49 meters) off the road near the unincorporated community of Huntsville.
No identities were released. But the sheriff’s office said the victims ranged in age from 16 to 50 and that the conditions of the injured weren’t available.
Sheriff’s Lt. Cortney Ryan told the Deseret News that a teenager walked two miles to a cabin for help and that residents then drove to an area with cellphone coverage to call 911.
Ryan said alcohol possibly figured in the crash.
“It’s a dark area. That could have had a role in the accident,” Ryan said. “There were a lot of empty alcohol containers, new alcohol containers that were found around the vehicle. So alcohol may be a
Today’s Top Stories
- The most generous state in America is Utah – again
- Thomas Saunders – Rocky Mountain Junior High
- KSL NewsRadio picks up Murrow award for tour bus crash coverage
- A new conversation: Dave & Dujanovic starts June 4
- Friend: no matter what missing girl did, she doesn’t deserve to be shamed
- Satellite imagery finds likely Kim train amid health rumors
- Ben & Jerry’s sued over ‘happy cow’ characterization
- ‘Golden Boy’-turned-addict finds newfound life after prison
- Body of Arizona man recovered from Lake Powell marina
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question