Queen’s signature song, “Bohemian Rhapsody,” has reached one billion views on YouTube.
“Bohemian Rhapsody” is reportedly the oldest song to reach a billion views.
The song that came out in 1975 has been made new again.
To celebrate the viewership milestone, the song has been reissued with a remastered version on YouTube on Monday.
The global head of music YouTube, Lyor Cohen, says the newly remastered “Bohemian Rhapsody” video is “a sonic and cinematic masterpiece” for “one of the most enduring songs of all time.”
In a statement, bandmates Brian May and Roger Taylor thanked their fans for their multi-generational support. They also announced an event for fans to become a part of the band’s songs.
“We are honored that ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ has just hit one billion views on YouTube. … We want to thank you all and celebrate with our amazing fans all around the world by creating three new music videos to our songs, all featuring you! Whether you are a musician, singer, dancer, visual artist or you just want to have some fun. Go to www.youarethechampions.com to find out more and we’ll see you on the road somewhere.”
“Bohemian Rhapsody has benefited from three major ‘releases.’
The song was originally part of the “A Night at the Opera” album, released on Oct. 31, 1975. It reached number nine on Hot 100 Billboard.
In 1992, the movie “Wayne’s World” launched into theaters.”Bohemian Rhapsody was part of an iconic head-banging scene in the movie. The song reached number two on Billboard in 1992.
In 2018, in song re-entered Billboard for a third time when the “Bohemian Rhapsody” movie was in theaters. The song peaked at No. 33 in 2018.
Today’s Top Stories
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Hey, Utahns over 70: Here’s everything to know about getting your COVID-19 vaccine
- Flu vaccine doesn’t fully cover Influenza B, CDC says
- Boxer Rocky Lockridge, “Best Cry Ever” meme man, has died at the age of 60
- No sign of missing woman who was kidnapped in Kearns 1 week ago
- Live Mic: lessons of 1968’s RFK Appalachia visit still echo today
- Giovanni Pangan, Philippines mission president, dies of heart attack
- UPDATED: Six-year-old girl dies on golf course after being hit by dad’s golf ball