SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Governors from about 25 states are scheduled to gather in Utah this week for the summer conference of the National Governors Association.
The state leaders are expected to discuss infrastructure, cybersecurity and health care at the three-day conference in Salt Lake City that runs Wednesday through Friday.
The conference also brings other leaders and business executives. Cindy McCain is scheduled to speak at one panel about combatting human trafficking. Mothers Against Drunk Driving president Helen Witty will speak about roadway safety.
The bipartisan association meets twice yearly. Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, a Democrat, is the outgoing chairman. Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican, is the incoming chairman.
Today’s Top Stories
- Grandson arrested on suspicion of murder in SLC house fire
- 2 men charged in ’02 killing of Run-DMC star Jam Master Jay
- Utah man charged, accused of threatening people displaying a Trump flag
- Champion bodybuilder turns himself in on Utah rape charges
- Man who pleaded guilty to Mackenzie Lueck’s murder sentenced to life in prison
- Golden Spoke Event
- How to make sure you weather the storm and cleanup safely
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- Inside Sources: Studying trust (and distrust) in America
- Utah Jazz to celebrate 40th season in the state