SALT LAKE CITY — A burglary in process lead to a shooting that resulted in the death of a woman on Saturday morning, Salt Lake City police say.
Dispatch received a phone call at 7:41 a.m. regarding a burglary in process, Salt Lake Police Sgt. Brandon Shearer says.
Police were on route when the call was updated to “shots fired,” Sgt. Shearer says.
The burglary and shooting occurred at the Apartments on the Green at 1211 N. Redwood Road.
Police discovered a woman in an apartment that was suffering from a gunshot wound. First responders transported the woman to the hospital where she was pronounced dead. Shearer said.
The police are investigating the scene for additional information about the shooting and the identity of the woman.
Police do not know the woman’s age nor name. Police are also working to determine if anyone lived in the home with her.
Anyone with information is asked to call Salt Lake police. The number to call with information is 801-799-3000 or via their anonymous tip service.
Today’s Top Stories
- Mitchell powers Jazz to 128-124 win over Wizards
- Health officials urge Utah’s Hispanic population to keep holiday events small due to COVID-19
- Lincoln County, NV, prepares for possible onslaught
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- Two hospitalized after shooting at Fashion Place Mall
- Utah tourism unemployment at an all time high according to new report
- Gov. Herbert issues statewide mask mandate, declares state of emergency
- Tentative deal reached on anti-gerrymandering initiative
- Pilot who crashed his own home in Payson had hangar code
- “Euthanize the police dog” Social Media calls to cancel Paw Patrol