SALT LAKE CITY — A burglary in process lead to a shooting that resulted in the death of a woman on Saturday morning, Salt Lake City police say.
Dispatch received a phone call at 7:41 a.m. regarding a burglary in process, Salt Lake Police Sgt. Brandon Shearer says.
Police were on route when the call was updated to “shots fired,” Sgt. Shearer says.
The burglary and shooting occurred at the Apartments on the Green at 1211 N. Redwood Road.
Police discovered a woman in an apartment that was suffering from a gunshot wound. First responders transported the woman to the hospital where she was pronounced dead. Shearer said.
The police are investigating the scene for additional information about the shooting and the identity of the woman.
Police do not know the woman’s age nor name. Police are also working to determine if anyone lived in the home with her.
Anyone with information is asked to call Salt Lake police. The number to call with information is 801-799-3000 or via their anonymous tip service.
Today’s Top Stories
- Anti-vaccination signs over freeway deemed a distraction, taken down
- Provo PD seeing many cars with illegal black license plates
- Virgin River tests positive for cyanobacteria that produces toxins
- 18-year-old dead following fatal crash on Mountain View Corridor
- Prosecutors warn parents about online safety after more than 100 predators arrested within…
- Review: Was “Frozen 2” a good sequel or even a good movie?
- UTA to beef up TRAX service for FanX
- Russia, China both continue to pose threat, expert says
- Thomas Saunders – Rocky Mountain Junior High
- Utah Jazz win, promote two players for big awards