PROVO CANYON, Utah County — A 23-year-old man is dead after an accident involving falling debris at Bridal Veil Falls in Utah County, the sheriff’s department said Sunday.
Sgt. Spencer Cannon said bystanders and friends tried to revive the man but he died on the scene. He was visiting Utah from Mexico to attend a family function, said Sgt. Cannon. His name has not been released.
Authorities believe a large tree or rock may have struck the man. The trail in Provo Canyon was closed while police investigated the scene.
Bridal Veil Falls, located just off U.S. 189 in Provo Canyon, is a popular summer spot in part because it is so easy to access from the main road. It stands more than 600 feet tall. A tram used to allow visitors to access the top of the falls, but it closed after a New Year’s Day avalanche in 1996.
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- POLICE FOOTAGE Lori Vallow’s ex-husband worried about their missing children and his…
- Gunman who killed U. student tried to kidnap witness, police say
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- 3 sexual assaults in 1 night reported at Utah State University
- Chris Evans sending ‘Captain America’ shield to little boy who saved sister from…
- Utah lawmakers approve bill aimed at regulating ‘troubled teen’ centers
- Wasatch Adaptive Sports
- Fire-ravaged forests get help from pine cone collectors
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah