STRAWBERRY RESERVOIR — The bodies of two brothers who went missing when boating on July 8, 2019, were found Sunday at Strawberry Reservoir.
Wasatch Search and Rescue found the bodies of James “Jim” Gardiner, 70, of Salem, and Mark Gardiner, 61, of Pleasant Grove.
On Thursday, searchers found the abandoned boat and called local authorities. Search and rescue crews noted they were unable to identify the owner of the boat.
Wasatch County Sheriff Jared Rigby said he was unsure about what happened to the brothers.
“There was some kind of accident that occurred on the water while they were fishing and they were working to help each other,” said Rigby.
Wasatch Search and Rescue used SONAR technology designed to help look underwater to locate the missing brothers.
Sherrif Rigby noted a lot of people came together and personally thanked the Gardiner family for their efforts. He hopes the end of the search brings the families closure.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- Advice from a registered sex offender: teach your kids
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- HOAX ALERT: Health officials warn about color-coded masks flyer
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- Best garden gifts for Mother’s Day | KSL Greenhouse
- China pushes conspiracy theories on COVID origin, vaccines
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- Surgeon General on coronavirus: ‘This week is going to get bad’