ANAHEIM, California — Police say a drunk driver hit a car with five Utah teenagers inside over the weekend in Anaheim, California.
The last word was that one of the teenagers is in critical condition with severe brain injuries. The St George News says it’s Cristina Goana, who recently graduated from Pine View High School in St George, and had a full-ride soccer scholarship for college this fall.
A fundraising page for her medical bills says the teens were nearing the end of a trip to Southern California when the crash took place.
Four other 18-year-olds were also taken to the hospital.
A statement from Anaheim Police says they were hit when a man driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs ran a red light and slammed into their car at 11:45 PM Friday night, at the intersection of Manchester and Orangewood Avenue.
*KSLNewsRadio.com does not assure donors who deposit money to the account will see the funds benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers.
Today’s Top Stories
- Ute coach Kyle Whittingham signs 4-year extension through 2027
- Former missionary finds hope after becoming an addict
- UPDATED: Utah Gun Exchange counter-protesting Parkland students
- Veterans group offers armed school guards
- Letters from death row: The writing campaign of Doug Lovell
- Mount Ogden Junior High School moving to online classes Nov. 4
- Idaho, Utah earthquakes have same cause, but not related
- New jet to boost organ transplantation in Utah
- Deseret News poll: Only half of Utahns would take COVID-19 vaccine
- Historic Native American petroglyph known as ‘The Birthing Scene’ vandalized