ANAHEIM, California — Police say a drunk driver hit a car with five Utah teenagers inside over the weekend in Anaheim, California.
The last word was that one of the teenagers is in critical condition with severe brain injuries. The St George News says it’s Cristina Goana, who recently graduated from Pine View High School in St George, and had a full-ride soccer scholarship for college this fall.
A fundraising page for her medical bills says the teens were nearing the end of a trip to Southern California when the crash took place.
Four other 18-year-olds were also taken to the hospital.
A statement from Anaheim Police says they were hit when a man driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs ran a red light and slammed into their car at 11:45 PM Friday night, at the intersection of Manchester and Orangewood Avenue.
*KSLNewsRadio.com does not assure donors who deposit money to the account will see the funds benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers.
Today’s Top Stories
- Rebecca Mikkelsen – Washington Terrace Elementary
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Gunman who killed U. student tried to kidnap witness, police say
- UPDATE: South Salt Lake DMV Office reopens after confirmed COVID case
- “Wipe clogs” are causing problems in Logan City’s sewers
- Inside a coronavirus hospital in Italy, doctors warn: get ready
- How the inauguration of Joe Biden mirrors Abraham Lincoln’s
- Fire-ravaged forests get help from pine cone collectors
- Taco Tuesday coincides with Cinco de Mayo
- With J&J vaccines arriving in Utah, Gov. Cox optimistic