SOUTH SALT LAKE — A man died Monday afternoon after a car fell on him at an auto parts store and salvage yard in South Salt Lake.
The 50-year-old man, whose name has not yet been released, was removing a transmission from a car at the Pick-n-Pull yard, located at 585 W. 3300 South, according to South Salt Lake police spokesman Gary Keller.
The car was lifted up on supports when it fell, pinning the man underneath, Keller said.
He was taken with critical injuries to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Today’s Top Stories
- 6.4-magnitude quake rattles Nevada
- Friends mourn Utah veterinarian shot in New Mexico
- Is the kissing bug a threat in Utah?
- Toxic algal bloom spotted on Utah Lake, a first for 2019
- UDOT: Expect delays I-15 NB in Salt Lake City on Sunday
- Loving Little Cottonwood Canyon to death: is a gondola the answer?
- Man arrested in connection with body found in Ogden
- Officer Zachary Nold, Ogden City Police Department
- UTA offering free fare to COVID-19 vaccination appointments
- UPDATE: Lori Vallow appears in court on new charges in relation to the death of missing children