SOUTH SALT LAKE — A man died Monday afternoon after a car fell on him at an auto parts store and salvage yard in South Salt Lake.
The 50-year-old man, whose name has not yet been released, was removing a transmission from a car at the Pick-n-Pull yard, located at 585 W. 3300 South, according to South Salt Lake police spokesman Gary Keller.
The car was lifted up on supports when it fell, pinning the man underneath, Keller said.
He was taken with critical injuries to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- Benefits of massage: It’s okay to feel good
- Mom has warning for others after getting scary phone call
- Hill Air Force Base Open Aircraft Day
- Police searching for man accused of stealing ducklings from ponds
- Utah a good home for autonomous drone development, military one reason