SOUTH SALT LAKE CITY — South Salt Lake City police have identified the man who was killed in an industrial accident at an automobile salvage yard on Monday.
Forty-eight-year-old Trent Thatcher and his 18-year-old son were at Pick-n-Pull, a scrapyard near 585 West 3300 South, working together to remove a vehicle’s transmission when the car shifted and fell on Thatcher.
South Salt Lake police say the vehicle pinned Thatcher. He died at a hospital of his injuries.
Today’s Top Stories
- After 25 years, ‘The Far Side’ is back — with an online debut and new comics
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- Police searching for suspect after fatal shooting of Sandy teen
- USU reports COVID-19 virus in wastewater from residence halls
- The bubonic plague is back again in China’s Inner Mongolia
- UDOT: Expect delays I-15 NB in Salt Lake City on Sunday
- Call before you dig: Stay safe during your home projects
- Costco to require shoppers to wear a face mask
- Shift in policy will allow ATVs and UTVs in National Parks
- Poll says 12% of Utahns say they will opt-out of the COVID-19 vaccine