SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Palace is the place to be for Spider-Man fans this September. FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention announced on social media Tuesday that the British actor Tom Holland will be attending the convention for two days this year.
🕷️️Please welcome our next FanX 2019 Guest, Tom Holland, best known for his role as Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic…
In a Fan Effect Interview with Ryan Meeks, Jarrod Phillips with FanX said that the FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention is one of only three conventions that Tom will attend this year.
We are interviewing Jarrod Phillips, director of business development with Fan X today for a special guest announcement! Guess who is coming to Fan X?!?
Posted by Fan Effect on Tuesday, July 30, 2019
“The reason we are able to get such great guests is because of our fans,” Phillips said. “Our fans continually get talked about by our guests as being some of the best in the world.
“There’s a quote that of course, we love, from Stan Lee before he passed, which is that ‘you’re the best comic convention in the world,'” said Phillips.
Tom Holland is an English actor best known for playing Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
He has starred or co-starred as the character in five films.
Before Spider-Man, Holland was one of four actor/dancers to play Billy Elliott, a fictional British youth who made his way out of a tough, working-class neighborhood by taking ballet lessons.
Today’s Top Stories
- Changes to the HOV lanes for hybrid vehicles in Utah, starting today
- Mall giant Simon says nearly all of its shopping centers have reopened
- Disney World’s July 11 reopening: 6 things to watch
- Iran state TV: Tehran fires at Iraqi base housing US troops
- Man dies while swimming in cold waters at Utah reservoir
- Utah company invents mask sanitizing machine to help hospitals
- When do pandemics end? Utah lawmakers look at metrics for COVID-19 “endgame”
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- BYU’s football stadium is going to look a bit different this fall