MURRAY — Murray fire crews responded to three different brush fires along the Jordan River Tuesday afternoon.
These were all between 4500 S. and 4800 S. along the trail.
Murray City Assistant Fire Chief Chad Pasqua says they started getting calls around 5:15 this evening.
“There was a report at one of the fires where a witness saw someone running,” says Pasqua. “Our fire marshall is headed out there to do some investigation.”
Right now, there are no buildings or people in danger. Crews are working to make sure the fires are completely out so they don’t spark again overnight.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- 36 years after Joyce Yost’s assault, rape victims have more help, but key funding has lapsed
- Distracted driving fight hits a big roadblock: we won’t give up our phones
- Davis County leaders feeling pressure to increase mask wearing, mull possible requirement
- Prehistoric Lake Bonneville trail progresses in Utah
- Pope arrives in Iraq to rally Christians despite pandemic
- Utah wildfires causing havoc for cattle owners
- Former missionary finds hope after becoming an addict
- Are You Looking for an Inexpensive Family-Friendly Trip? Box Elder County Has You Covered…
- Lee Lonsberry steps up to the mic at KSL
- Sunshine, heat and cars are the recipe for ozone pollution