MURRAY — Murray fire crews responded to three different brush fires along the Jordan River Tuesday afternoon.
These were all between 4500 S. and 4800 S. along the trail.
Murray City Assistant Fire Chief Chad Pasqua says they started getting calls around 5:15 this evening.
“There was a report at one of the fires where a witness saw someone running,” says Pasqua. “Our fire marshall is headed out there to do some investigation.”
Right now, there are no buildings or people in danger. Crews are working to make sure the fires are completely out so they don’t spark again overnight.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- New health order could impact school dances, graduation ceremonies
- California to resume some activities by April 1
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- Two construction areas to be aware of this weekend may affect traffic
- Suspect in woman’s death barred from campus, report says
- Officer-involved shooting in Roy deemed justified, police release video
- Utah House OKs bill to bring back vehicle registration postcards
- Utah coronavirus cases hit 1,411 in one day, setting new record
- Listen louder than you sing: inside the Tabernacle Choir on Temple Square
- More than 70% of Americans report wearing a mask in public, study shows