ST. GEORGE — Jonathan Grant Thompson, 38, from Hurricane, Utah has died after a paragliding crash near Sand Hollow State Park.
Thompson was reported overdue by a friend and Hurricane police were then able to locate him thanks to the GPS capabilities of his cell phone.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation. However, no foul play is suspected.
Thompson operated an extremely popular YouTube channel. “The King of Random” drew millions of people to videos that featured creative life hacks. The topics ranged from how to open coconuts without tools to turning coal into diamonds using peanut butter.
In a statement Tuesday, YouTube said, “We’re deeply saddened to learn of the tragic loss of Grant Thompson, a gifted, passionate and endlessly curious creator,
“We send our deepest condolences to his loving family, The King of Random team and fans, ” YouTube continued.
Today’s Top Stories
- New health order could impact school dances, graduation ceremonies
- Utah coronavirus cases hit 1,411 in one day, setting new record
- Utah House OKs bill to bring back vehicle registration postcards
- Listen louder than you sing: inside the Tabernacle Choir on Temple Square
- More than 70% of Americans report wearing a mask in public, study shows
- Two construction areas to be aware of this weekend may affect traffic
- Suspect in woman’s death barred from campus, report says
- California to resume some activities by April 1
- Officer-involved shooting in Roy deemed justified, police release video
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer