ST. GEORGE — Jonathan Grant Thompson, 38, from Hurricane, Utah has died after a paragliding crash near Sand Hollow State Park.
Thompson was reported overdue by a friend and Hurricane police were then able to locate him thanks to the GPS capabilities of his cell phone.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation. However, no foul play is suspected.
Thompson operated an extremely popular YouTube channel. “The King of Random” drew millions of people to videos that featured creative life hacks. The topics ranged from how to open coconuts without tools to turning coal into diamonds using peanut butter.
In a statement Tuesday, YouTube said, “We’re deeply saddened to learn of the tragic loss of Grant Thompson, a gifted, passionate and endlessly curious creator,
“We send our deepest condolences to his loving family, The King of Random team and fans, ” YouTube continued.
Today’s Top Stories
- Former missionary finds hope after becoming an addict
- 36 years after Joyce Yost’s assault, rape victims have more help, but key funding has lapsed
- Distracted driving fight hits a big roadblock: we won’t give up our phones
- Salt Lake City woman warns others about employment scam
- Davis County leaders feeling pressure to increase mask wearing, mull possible requirement
- Pope arrives in Iraq to rally Christians despite pandemic
- Grand County schools start with K-6 mask mandate in place
- Donovan Mitchell surprises students at Kearns High School
- Reigning NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes suffers freak kneecap dislocation
- Lee Lonsberry steps up to the mic at KSL