ST. GEORGE — Jonathan Grant Thompson, 38, from Hurricane, Utah has died after a paragliding crash near Sand Hollow State Park.
Thompson was reported overdue by a friend and Hurricane police were then able to locate him thanks to the GPS capabilities of his cell phone.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation. However, no foul play is suspected.
Thompson operated an extremely popular YouTube channel. “The King of Random” drew millions of people to videos that featured creative life hacks. The topics ranged from how to open coconuts without tools to turning coal into diamonds using peanut butter.
In a statement Tuesday, YouTube said, “We’re deeply saddened to learn of the tragic loss of Grant Thompson, a gifted, passionate and endlessly curious creator,
“We send our deepest condolences to his loving family, The King of Random team and fans, ” YouTube continued.
Today’s Top Stories
- 1.4 million seek US jobless aid, first increase since March
- Despite pandemic, no renter should struggle to pay the landlord
- Live-fire training scheduled at Camp Williams this week
- Sandy city officials urging hikers to be more prepared
- DC Police report 68 arrests made
- Layton rare coin dealer accused of multi-million dollar scheme
- Heat advisory for next two days along Wasatch Front
- Violence again rocks Minneapolis after man’s death; 1 killed
- UK aims to give 1st COVID-19 shot to all adults by September
- A dentist was filmed extracting a tooth while on a hoverboard. He was found guilty on 46 counts