(CNN) — A woman who celebrated her 107th birthday on Wednesday shared her secret to living a long life: stay single.
Louise Signore, who lives in the Bronx in New York, maintains a healthy diet and exercises regularly. But she believes the real reason why she’s enjoyed more than a century is that she never tied the knot.
“If they have exercise, I do the exercise. If they have dancing, I dance. I still do a little dancing. After my lunch, I will play bingo, so I had a full day,” Signore told CNN affiliate WCBS.
“I think the secret of 107: I never got married. I think that’s the secret. My sister says, ‘I wish I never got married.'”
The woman’s sister is 102-years-old, WCBS reported, so longevity might run in the family.
Signore celebrated her milestone with a birthday party at the Bartow Community Center in Coop City, according to WCBS. More than 100 people attended.
Alelia Murphy, 114, currently holds the record for being the oldest living woman in the United States. Murphy lives in Harlem in New York, which is also where Signore was born.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sergeant Aaron Johnson, West Jordan
- Simple credit card rewards can pay off if you just do a little work
- Family releases statement after woman murdered on Tinder date
- NUAMES charter school lifts lockdown on Layton campus
- SLC haunted house prepares to open during pandemic
- Michele Kersey – Roy High School
- Over a dozen men arrested in online enticement sting
- Corvette goes mid-engine for first time to raise performance
- Candidate Conversation: Eric Eliason for 1st District, Congress
- Gateway Mall owners say crime is down 79%