SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The wife of a man accused of fatally shooting a University of Utah student has been sentenced to a year in jail for her role in the killing.
The Deseret News reports 23-year-old Kathleen Elizabeth Rose Boutain was sentenced Friday.
Austin Boutain was given a life sentence in the Utah State Prison after admitting to aggravated murder last September in the 2017 death of ChenWei Guo.
The 23-year-old Guo was shot near the foothills bordering the University of Utah campus.
Austin Boutain has been extradited to Colorado as both he and his wife are charged in that state in the killing of another man three days before Guo’s murder.
Authorities say the Boutains allegedly stole the Colorado victim’s truck and drove to Utah.
Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com
Today’s Top Stories
- Excelsior Academy first-graders moved to online school
- Sergeant Brian Taylor, Provo Police Department
- Utah County Commissioner wants Utah open for business
- Bodies of missing girls found in Utah Lake
- Charter school teacher charged with child abuse
- Salt Lake County restaurants ready to reopen indoor dining
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington
- Sports stars J.J. Watt and Kealia Ohai were married Saturday
- Police say West Valley City man planned mass shooting during SLC protest
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…