SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The wife of a man accused of fatally shooting a University of Utah student has been sentenced to a year in jail for her role in the killing.
The Deseret News reports 23-year-old Kathleen Elizabeth Rose Boutain was sentenced Friday.
Austin Boutain was given a life sentence in the Utah State Prison after admitting to aggravated murder last September in the 2017 death of ChenWei Guo.
The 23-year-old Guo was shot near the foothills bordering the University of Utah campus.
Austin Boutain has been extradited to Colorado as both he and his wife are charged in that state in the killing of another man three days before Guo’s murder.
Authorities say the Boutains allegedly stole the Colorado victim’s truck and drove to Utah.
Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- Former Venezuela prisoner Josh Holt appears with President Trump
- Children’s Service Society
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- Utah athlete, Lauren McCluskey, laid to rest
- Utah man involved in US Capitol riot to face more charges