SALT LAKE CITY — A California man is under arrest following a weekend domestic violence charge. Court documents show 30-year-Yukiharo Kuroki grabbed his wife by the throat while she was holding a 2-year-old child. The assault occurred in front of witnesses at Salt Lake International Airport on August 9th.
Authorities say it all happened after a missed flight, over a rental car and luggage. Court documents show Kuroki grabbed the woman by the throat and shook her rapidly, which caused her to fall to the ground as she was carrying the child. The child is the biological son of the suspect and the victim. Both the woman and the child fell to the floor as the woman was attempting to protect the child during the assault.
The affidavit of probable cause states that witnesses to the assault jumped in to help, preventing Kuroki from causing any further harm until police arrived, at which time he was taken into custody. The woman suffered minor redness to her neck. Neither victim suffered any significant injuries, according to the report.
Kuroki is charged with child abuse/neglect and aggravated assault during the commission of domestic violence in the presence of a child.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- Advice from a registered sex offender: teach your kids
- Best garden gifts for Mother’s Day | KSL Greenhouse
- Teen in critical condition after Taylorsville Shooting
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Copper Hills student arrested for Snapchat threat
- Bill to designate 988 as national suicide hotline number heads to president’s desk
- Mr. Daryl Hunt – Horizonte Instruction & Training Ctr.
- HOAX ALERT: Health officials warn about color-coded masks flyer
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death