OREM, Utah – Orem Police say 30-year-old Lincoln Gygi knew the children he’s accused of molesting.
A family member of one of the victims told KSLTV he had also ingratiated himself into their families.
“I mean, we’re still in shock. It’s surreal. He just seemed like there wasn’t a more trustworthy person. There were a couple of times that the kids went to church with him,” she said.
But Orem Police say Gygi got the children to take part in “dares” or “challenges” where all of them took off their clothes and ran around naked. Court documents say he would then get them to lie down before touching them.
He’s also accused of giving them expensive gifts and candy to get them to keep everything a secret.
Investigators believe the abuse happened between 10 and 20 times three years ago, but that the children only told their parents about everything last month. Court documents do not disclose their ages or connection to Gygi.
Police are interviewing another child who may have witnessed the abuse and are encouraging others who may have been abused to come forward. They are asking for any parents who recognize Gygi or if their children may have interacted with him to call 801-229-7070.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah lawmakers push back on ‘America’s Red Rock Wilderness Act’
- Utah earthquake preparation and “The Big One”
- Man in his 30s dead after drowning in a hot tub
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- Complaints over bad odor cause U.S. Steel to halt cleanup efforts, for now
- Fake high school sports sponsorship scam targeting Utah businesses
- Utah parents want vape tax
- Melania Trump announces Rose Garden ‘renewal’ project
- Treatment center, Turn-About Ranch, responds with statement
- Woman shot in legs after accidental firing at Murray shooting range