BOUNTIFUL, Utah — The Bountiful City Police Department says someone is responsible for lighting a large aerial fireworks display in the bathroom of one of the city’s parks. As a result, some park patrons thought the noise was gunshots, particularly upsetting because it happened, just days after mass shootings took place in Dayton, Ohio and El Paso, Texas, according to a police Facebook post.
Police are asking for information about who might be responsible for the damage to the park’s bathroom. The Facebook post lists a newer silver Fork truck appearing to have furniture in the bed as a possible vehicle of interest. One of the suspects was wearing a white shirt and blue shorts, according to police.
Authorities are asking anyone with information on the vehicle or suspects to please call them at 801-298-6000 or contact them via social media. Reference case 190002164.
Today’s Top Stories
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- Treatment center, Turn-About Ranch, responds with statement
- Sen. Lee says Utah National Guard kicked out of DC hotel
- Forest Service letting the East Fork Fire burn
- Utah lawmakers push back on ‘America’s Red Rock Wilderness Act’
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- Utah earthquake preparation and “The Big One”
- Complaints over bad odor cause U.S. Steel to halt cleanup efforts, for now
- One dead, two injured in overnight Salt Lake shooting
- Fake high school sports sponsorship scam targeting Utah businesses