MILLCREEK, Utah — Unified Police have arrested 18-year old Ethan May and 19-year-old Edgar Esquivel in relation to the death of a Salt Lake man early Wednesday morning.
Police had originally detained several people for questioning after a 31-year-old Taylor Kauvaka was shot and killed outside an apartment complex in Millcreek.
The shooting was reported at the Sunnyvale Apartments on 700 West and 3900 South around 2:00 Wednesday morning.
Paramedics tried to save the man, who died on the scene.
Unified Police Sgt. Melody Gray says they’re trying to determine who pulled the trigger and why.
“We’re not exactly sure the relationship between the shooter [and the victim]. We don’t know exactly who that shooter is,” Gray said.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah earthquake preparation and “The Big One”
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- Sen. Mike Lee: Trump is not guilty
- Utah parents want vape tax
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- LOVELOUD set to return to Utah
- Utah company invents mask sanitizing machine to help hospitals
- Utah’s 7-day average for positive COVID-19 cases hits 15%–the highest to date
- U of U testing antidepressant drug for COVID-19
- Feds aim to corral 800 wild horses from eastern Nevada range