SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City police are investigating what they are calling a homicide on Thursday night. Lt. Jenn Dederich says the call came in about 4:51 pm of a woman bleeding from the head near the area of 51 North 800 West.
She was transported to the hospital and a short time later pronounced dead. Dederich says investigators believe there were two witnesses and one suspect, but that suspect was not immediately apprehended.
A woman in her thirties was found with a gunshot wound in the area of 800 W. North Temple. She was taken to a local hospital where she died.
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) August 16, 2019
“We have suspects of interest, however, we do not have a suspect in custody currently. The female victim was talking with three males at the scene before a gunshot was heard. She was found with a gunshot wound to the head,” says Dederich.
She says the 30-year-old victim is identified but her name is not immediately being released pending notification of next of kin. Dederich says even though the suspect was at large late Thursday night, she does not believe anyone in the neighborhood was in any danger.
Today’s Top Stories
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly
- Navajo signs agreement for second phase of buyback program
- Italian socialist Sassoli to be president of EU Parliament
- What are the rules for political third-party ads?
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- Families confront New Zealand mosque shooter at sentencing
- David Haight – Mountain View High School
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Park City hiker in Idaho
- UDOT to build runaway truck ramp entering Garden City near Bear Lake
- Cursive writing has been making a comeback in classrooms