SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City police are investigating what they are calling a homicide on Thursday night. Lt. Jenn Dederich says the call came in about 4:51 pm of a woman bleeding from the head near the area of 51 North 800 West.
She was transported to the hospital and a short time later pronounced dead. Dederich says investigators believe there were two witnesses and one suspect, but that suspect was not immediately apprehended.
A woman in her thirties was found with a gunshot wound in the area of 800 W. North Temple. She was taken to a local hospital where she died.
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) August 16, 2019
“We have suspects of interest, however, we do not have a suspect in custody currently. The female victim was talking with three males at the scene before a gunshot was heard. She was found with a gunshot wound to the head,” says Dederich.
She says the 30-year-old victim is identified but her name is not immediately being released pending notification of next of kin. Dederich says even though the suspect was at large late Thursday night, she does not believe anyone in the neighborhood was in any danger.
Today’s Top Stories
- Changes to the HOV lanes for hybrid vehicles in Utah, starting today
- Trump campaign manager deletes dramatic Air Force One NASCAR photo after people point out…
- Feds aim to corral 800 wild horses from eastern Nevada range
- Victim identified in fatal St. George shooting
- Poll says 12% of Utahns say they will opt-out of the COVID-19 vaccine
- History and renovations of Salt Lake Temple and other temples
- Live Mic: Nazi headstone in Utah to be removed
- NBA fan shares virtual fan experience cheering ‘Orlando Bubble’ from home
- Lightning strike kills two giraffes at a popular Florida attraction
- New dress guidelines announced for male missionaries — in some areas