ARIZONA (AP) — Authorities say the body of a man from Colorado City, Arizona, has been recovered from Lake Powell.
Glen Canyon National Recreation Area officials say 31-year-old Jacob Jessop of Colorado City was pronounced dead at the scene by the Coconino County Medical Examiner.
Jessop’s body has been transported to Flagstaff for an autopsy.
National Park Service rangers received a 911 call about 8 p.m. Sunday about a man who jumped in the water near Wahweap Marina and didn’t resurface.
Authorities say the body appeared to be ensnarled in wires and cables at a depth of 20 to 30 feet.
Due to safety concerns, recovery was suspended until Monday morning.
The recreation area’s dive team recovered Jessop’s body about 11 a.m.at a depth of 249 feet.
Authorities say the death will be investigated.
Today’s Top Stories
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- African Gray parrot still missing – Bluffdale owners offer reward
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit
- A Las Vegas rescue group has captured ‘Cluck Norris’ and is searching for the…
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- Write-in candidate requests a list mailed to voters, naming write-in candidates