MIDVALE, Utah (AP) — A northern Utah woman has been arrested after authorities say she beat her parents with a cane and oxygen tanks and poured laundry detergent on them.
Court documents show 42-year-old Anne Helene Cockrell was arrested Saturday on suspicion of abuse and assault. Her parents are over 65 years old.
Authorities say Cockrell visited her parents at a Salt Lake City suburb hotel and “went crazy” on them using her mother’s cane and oxygen tank. She said she wanted to kill them.
Documents say her father suffered minor injuries, but don’t say if the mother was injured.
Court records show Cockrell had previously been charged with abusing her parents but the charges were dismissed in a deal with prosecutors.
Cockrell is booked in jail. It’s unknown if she has an attorney.
Today’s Top Stories
- Trouble with Teams? Microsoft reports problems with “multiple 365 services.”
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- The story of Sgt. Cade Brenchley, hit by a car in line of duty
- Tentative deal reached on anti-gerrymandering initiative
- Doctors urge Utahns age 70 and older to get COVID vaccine as soon as possible
- Two construction areas to be aware of this weekend may affect traffic
- I HEART SLC art piece supporting immigrants on display at this week’s UN conference
- “Euthanize the police dog” Social Media calls to cancel Paw Patrol
- Utah tourism unemployment at an all time high according to new report
- Harmons will begin administering COVID-19 vaccines to eligible groups