MIDVALE, Utah (AP) — A northern Utah woman has been arrested after authorities say she beat her parents with a cane and oxygen tanks and poured laundry detergent on them.
Court documents show 42-year-old Anne Helene Cockrell was arrested Saturday on suspicion of abuse and assault. Her parents are over 65 years old.
Authorities say Cockrell visited her parents at a Salt Lake City suburb hotel and “went crazy” on them using her mother’s cane and oxygen tank. She said she wanted to kill them.
Documents say her father suffered minor injuries, but don’t say if the mother was injured.
Court records show Cockrell had previously been charged with abusing her parents but the charges were dismissed in a deal with prosecutors.
Cockrell is booked in jail. It’s unknown if she has an attorney.
Today’s Top Stories
- Anti-vaccination signs over freeway deemed a distraction, taken down
- Provo PD seeing many cars with illegal black license plates
- Virgin River tests positive for cyanobacteria that produces toxins
- 18-year-old dead following fatal crash on Mountain View Corridor
- Prosecutors warn parents about online safety after more than 100 predators arrested within…
- Hill Cumorah Pageant final season canceled; Nauvoo Pageant postponed
- Russia, China both continue to pose threat, expert says
- Utah Jazz win, promote two players for big awards
- Florida vacation home invaded by vomiting vultures
- Review: Was “Frozen 2” a good sequel or even a good movie?