The stars will be reunited with one of the original writer-directors. Lana Wachowski worked on the original movies with her sister, Lilly.
“The Matrix” featured Reeves as Neo, a man who discovers that humanity is trapped inside a simulated reality known as the Matrix, and that he is the destined champion who can help liberate them. Moss, Laurence Fishburne and Huge Weaving were among the co-stars.
The film was a major hit, spawning the sequels “The Matrix Reloaded” and “The Matrix Revolutions,” which were shot in tandem and both released in 2003, completing the original story.
Reeves has been on a hot streak with the “John Wick” franchise. AMC Theaters recently announced that it will commemorate “The Matrix’s” 20th anniversary with a week-long engagement of the movie beginning on Aug. 30.
The announcement comes as all the major studios are looking to old franchises in search of the next blockbuster. The new film will be released by Warner Bros., like CNN, a unit of WarnerMedia.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- School won’t let CEO pay off student lunch debt
- Utah actor and producer discusses addiction recovery
- Passenger says they asked boat driver to stop drinking before deadly Lake Powell crash
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Scientists say vodka from Chernobyl’s exclusion zone is safe to drink
- The missing hiker found alive in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Ex-Davis High teacher who sexually abused 3 students granted parole
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Getting Pulled Over is the Worst but Here’s How You Can Make Sure You Have a Safe…