BEAVER — The Utah Highway Patrol says that both directions of I-15 in Central Utah are now open. But earlier this afternoon, a fast-moving fire closed both directions of Interstate 15 from Beaver to I-70.
BOTH DIRECTIONS of I-15 are closed right now for about a 17-mile stretch because of a fire near the freeway in central Utah. NB traffic being forced off at MP 112 in Beaver, SB forced off at MP 129 just south of I-70. pic.twitter.com/PNsHUuakq4
— KSL Traffic Center (@KSLTraffic) August 22, 2019
Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Andy Battenfield says UHP believes that the fire was sparked after a trailer carrying carnival rides detached from the truck and rolled into the brush sparking the fire.
Cpl. Battenfield says they believe the truck was traveling southbound when it rolled to the right.
(This story has been updated)
Today’s Top Stories
- Protected: Test
- Wildlife bridge crossing opens over I-80 in Parleys Canyon
- CPAC chair: Romney not invited over fears for his safety
- Crocodiles and alligators were once vegetarians, Utah researchers say
- Utah man’s body recovered after jump from top of waterfalls
- Granite School District to publish COVID-19 case counts for all schools
- New Saratoga Springs middle school still not ready
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- Police investigate late report of shooting at Jordan Landing
- Rabbi says gun ‘miraculously jammed’ in California attack