ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Ewan McGregor is reprising his “Star Wars” role as Obi-Wan Kenobi in a new series.
The Disney Plus project with McGregor drew big cheers when it was announced Friday at the D23 Expo fan event.
The untitled series is among a number of splashy projects that Disney is banking on to make its new streaming platform competitive.
The audience of about 6,000 people voiced enthusiasm for another “Star Wars”-related series, “The Mandalorian,” which producers said is set in a yet unexplored time for the space saga.
Disney Plus also announced that Hilary Duff will return as a grown-up version of the title character in “Lizzie McGuire.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Navajo signs agreement for second phase of buyback program
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- David Haight – Mountain View High School
- Utah family has tree fall on car while camping in Oregon
- Officer Dallas Smith & Officer Cory Lewis, Spanish Fork Police Department
- Athletes at the Tokyo Olympics will not need a vaccine to participate, organizers say
- Families confront New Zealand mosque shooter at sentencing
- Audio from Steven Powell’s interview with the FBI released on “Cold” podcast
- Thousands of cold-stunned sea turtles being rescued in Texas
- ‘The End’ of Fortnite leaves millions staring at a black hole