WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (AP) — Police in West Valley City have identified a man who was fatally shot by an officer during an arrest.
They say 31-year-old Chad Michael Breinholt was under investigation for alleged DUI and was being processed at the police station in the basement of West Valley City Hall.
Police told the Deseret News that while Breinholt was being processed for his arrest, an altercation ensued and an officer fired his weapon and Breinholt was fatally shot.
They say officer involved was wearing a body camera and any and all pertinent information will be turned over to the Salt Lake City police, who are investigating the incident.
Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com
Today’s Top Stories
- State parks hope to have new ‘glamping’ campsites available for busy Memorial Day weekend
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- Now’s your chance to pick up US postage stamps honoring military dogs
- Cougar leaves mark on Herriman driveway
- If you build it … White Sox and Yankees to play at ‘Field of Dreams’ movie…
- Backcountry avalanche alert in effect as crews mitigate risk
- Take a look at Warner Bros. billion-dollar theme park in Abu Dhabi
- Utah COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations increase over weekend
- Lori Vallow Daybell’s bond reduces to $1 million in Idaho
- Someone painted “racist” on Brigham Young statue at BYU