Kaysville Mayor Katie Witt said Monday she wants to represent northern Utah in Congress to “preserve freedom, expand opportunity, and re-ignite American patriotism.”
She says she wants to counter an interest in socialism among some national Democrats. Witt was elected mayor of Kaysville in 2017.
Bishop, a Republican, has said he won’t run in 2020, ending a U.S. House tenure that started nearly two decades ago.
Fellow Republican and Morgan County Councilwoman Tina Cannon is also running for the U.S. House seat in the heavily Republican 1st Congressional District.
Today’s Top Stories
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Scientists say vodka from Chernobyl’s exclusion zone is safe to drink
- Evacuations force California man to cancel SLC trip
- A new conversation: Dave & Dujanovic starts June 4
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- Utah university president salaries below the national average
- Utah agriculture and food: cook any seeds you receive from China
- Utah a good home for autonomous drone development, military one reason