Kaysville Mayor Katie Witt said Monday she wants to represent northern Utah in Congress to “preserve freedom, expand opportunity, and re-ignite American patriotism.”
She says she wants to counter an interest in socialism among some national Democrats. Witt was elected mayor of Kaysville in 2017.
Bishop, a Republican, has said he won’t run in 2020, ending a U.S. House tenure that started nearly two decades ago.
Fellow Republican and Morgan County Councilwoman Tina Cannon is also running for the U.S. House seat in the heavily Republican 1st Congressional District.
Today’s Top Stories
- Protected: Test
- CPAC chair: Romney not invited over fears for his safety
- Wildlife bridge crossing opens over I-80 in Parleys Canyon
- Crocodiles and alligators were once vegetarians, Utah researchers say
- Granite School District to publish COVID-19 case counts for all schools
- Utah man’s body recovered after jump from top of waterfalls
- New Saratoga Springs middle school still not ready
- Police investigate late report of shooting at Jordan Landing
- Rabbi says gun ‘miraculously jammed’ in California attack
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93