BLANDING, Utah — Police in Tucson, Arizona, say a pair of murder suspects escaped custody by overpowering their security officers in Blanding, Utah, on the way to Tucson from New York.
According to Tucson police, Blane Barksdale, 56, and Susan Barksdale, 59, should be considered armed and dangerous.
The Barksdales were being extradited from Henrietta, New York to Pima County, Arizona, in connection with the murder of Frank Bligh, 72, in April.
Investigators say the Barksdales were last seen driving a red GMC Sierra pickup truck with an Arizona plate reading 127XTY. The truck has damage to its front passenger side and rear bumper. Police could not say what direction the murder suspects were headed, but believe it is possible they are making their way through Arizona. Additionally, police say Blane Barksdale has numerous tattoos on his arms and hands.
Police say if you spot the Barksdales, you should not approach them yourself, but should instead call 911 right away.
Today’s Top Stories
- Tabitha’s Way
- New health order could impact school dances, graduation ceremonies
- Two construction areas to be aware of this weekend may affect traffic
- More than 70% of Americans report wearing a mask in public, study shows
- Ban on assault weapons/high-capacity magazines likely shot down
- Malfunctioning Mississippi voting machine caught on video
- Utah coronavirus cases hit 1,411 in one day, setting new record
- The bubonic plague is back again in China’s Inner Mongolia
- Salt Lake County to open senior centers in April
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer