BLANDING, Utah — Police in Tucson, Arizona, say a pair of murder suspects escaped custody by overpowering their security officers in Blanding, Utah, on the way to Tucson from New York.
According to Tucson police, Blane Barksdale, 56, and Susan Barksdale, 59, should be considered armed and dangerous.
The Barksdales were being extradited from Henrietta, New York to Pima County, Arizona, in connection with the murder of Frank Bligh, 72, in April.
Investigators say the Barksdales were last seen driving a red GMC Sierra pickup truck with an Arizona plate reading 127XTY. The truck has damage to its front passenger side and rear bumper. Police could not say what direction the murder suspects were headed, but believe it is possible they are making their way through Arizona. Additionally, police say Blane Barksdale has numerous tattoos on his arms and hands.
Police say if you spot the Barksdales, you should not approach them yourself, but should instead call 911 right away.
Today’s Top Stories
- Jeremy Barnes, Utah Department of Public Safety
- Federal charges filed against many white supremacist gang members and associates in Utah
- What it was like hunting memes outside Area 51
- Bill Nye sets the world on fire — to make a point about climate change
- Parents mad, Davis School District investigating after student shows up to school dressed as Hitler
- Find a Way Out! 3 Ways You Can Stay Safe During a Mass Shooting Situation Anywhere You Are
- Officer Jared Jensen, Clinton City Police Department
- Pamela’s Place: affordable housing for the homeless is open
- Is the kissing bug a threat in Utah?
- President of Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces 8 new temples