Records show 27-year-old Jordan Hagen was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail Monday on suspicion of torturing a companion animal.
West Valley City Police say they received a call from Hagen’s roommate on Monday who said the suspect had “violently killed his cats.”
According to a police report Hagen told officers he got angry at one of the kittens and told his roommate he “needed to get rid of them for their safety.”
An attorney for Hagen had not been listed as of Wednesday.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Family confirms remains found at Daybell home are missing children
- Five bars temporarily closed for violating COVID-19 health orders
- Judge rules Chad Daybell should face trial in case of missing kids
- Anti-mask crowd fills Utah County Commission meeting on mask mandate, meeting abruptly called off
- Volunteers of America
- Ford recalls 2 million vehicles because the doors could open while driving
- New study: excessive screen time can stunt child development
- Meat monopoly: Utah AG concerned about possible meat price-fixing
- Fireworks are legal through July 5th in Utah, but not everywhere
- 17 Latter-day Saint temples to reopen for sealings on Monday