SALT LAKE CITY, Utah– A University of Utah student has died after she collapsed during Army ROTC training.
The University of Utah released a statement on the death of student and ROTC cadet Elva Torres.
According to the statement, Torres collapsed Monday morning on campus. Torres was transported to the University of Utah Hospital where she died Wednesday.
The cause of death has not been determined.
Elva Torres was a 23-year-old senior at the university, majoring in film and media studies.
Every year the university remembers the students who have passed during the school year in a campus memorial. The university will honor Cadet Torres at the annual memorial service organized by the Office of the Dean of Students in the spring.
Today’s Top Stories
- Nintendo is bringing back a super-retro handheld from the 1980s
- Church leaders update COVID-19 safety measures for Utah
- ‘Anonymous’ hacker group threatens to “expose many crimes” of Minneapolis PD
- New details about Lake Powell boat crash
- Family announces they’ll say goodbye to Dixie, a dog burned for revenge
- Military family robbed in Salt Lake City
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene
- Parents, teachers, students sound off on later school start times
- APNewsBreak: Lawsuit claims Utah’s Grand America exploited immigrants
- Congressman’s siblings release an attack ad against their own brother