(CNN) — “Saved by the Bell” may be coming back.
Mario Lopez, who played the hunky AC Slater on the show, admits there have been talks about a reboot of the hit 90s American sitcom, but that obviously, the cast would be long gone from high school.
“Obviously we couldn’t be in high school still, so you’d have to be creative with the premise. But it’s fun to think about. And who knows? You never say never,” he said.
Mark-Paul Gosselaar, who played the popular Zack Morris, added: “There’s talks, there’s always talks. I just heard recently there’s talks.”
“We know about it. All three of us know about it, this person that’s going to tackle it,” he added.
Elizabeth Berkley, who played Jessie Spano on the series, said if there was a reunion, it “has to be right.”
Lopez added that while everyone is up for it, no storyline has been finalized.
“Not yet,” he said.
In April, Lopez, Gosselaar and Berkley celebrated the show’s 30th anniversary with a cast dinner along with co-stars Tiffani Thiessen, who played everyone’s dream girl Kelly Kapowski, and actor Dennis Haskins, who played Principal Richard Belding.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Moose goes cliff-diving, swims off without a scratch
- Dogs that attacked girl will not be euthanized
- Gov Cox: All Utah residents eligible for vaccine next Wednesday
- Iranian hackers said to target presidential campaign
- What actually happened at Area 51?
- RV, Starbucks at center of traffic snarl in SLC
- Rollover crash leads to I-15 shutdown and nightmare Salt Lake traffic
- Jordan School District to address COVID-19 at Riverton High
- Garth Limb – Heartland Elementary
- Movie theater operators hope ‘Tom and Jerry’ gives the industry a much needed boost