HILL AIR FORCE BASE, Utah (AP) — The Air Force is moving its demonstration team for the F-35A fighter to Hill Air Force Base in northern Utah from Luke Air Force Base in metro Phoenix.
The single-jet demonstration team conducts flights at airshows to display the capabilities of the F-35A, a relatively new aircraft now entering operational service in significant numbers.
Officials said the team will be assigned to Hill beginning with the 2020 airshow season when it will conduct approximately 20 performances between March and November.
Hill is an Air Combat Command base that is home to two fighter wings whose pilots fly the F-35A while Luke is an Air Education and Training Command base where pilots are learning how to fly the aircraft.
Today’s Top Stories
- President Trump says he wants background check laws, also reassures NRA
- Millcreek and Salt Lake cities find agreement on new boundaries
- Ogden man arrested for attempted murder, kidnapping
- Anti-vaccination signs over freeway deemed a distraction, taken down
- Layton Utah Temple site announced
- Macey’s BYU Ultimate Fan Box 2020
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- FBI says “Band-Aid Bandit” still on the loose
- Colorado reports first confirmed case of COVID-19 variant in the US
- Sri Lanka bombing suspects may still be on the run, police warn