OGDEN, Utah (AP) — An Ogden man accused of fatally beating a neighbor last year has pleaded guilty to one count of murder.
The Standard-Examiner reports 23-year-old Jose Robert Zamora’s sentencing hearing is scheduled for Oct. 22 and he faces a possible sentence of 15 years to life in prison.
Zamora was charged in the death of 74-year-old David Martin Paulson, whose body was found bloodied and beaten behind an Ogden restaurant in July 2018.
Police say Zamora told investigators that he had issues with Paulson in the past and two had fought before.
Zamora was scheduled to go on trial Sept. 17 before he reached a plea agreement on Friday.
Information from: Standard-Examiner, http://www.standard.net
Today’s Top Stories
- Simple credit card rewards can pay off if you just do a little work
- NUAMES charter school lifts lockdown on Layton campus
- SLC haunted house prepares to open during pandemic
- Family releases statement after woman murdered on Tinder date
- Sergeant Aaron Johnson, West Jordan
- Michele Kersey – Roy High School
- Candidate Conversation: Eric Eliason for 1st District, Congress
- New Zealand mosque shooter sentenced to life without parole
- Over a dozen men arrested in online enticement sting
- Police release video of fatal shooting; family calls it proof it was unjustified