OGDEN, Utah (AP) — An Ogden man accused of fatally beating a neighbor last year has pleaded guilty to one count of murder.
The Standard-Examiner reports 23-year-old Jose Robert Zamora’s sentencing hearing is scheduled for Oct. 22 and he faces a possible sentence of 15 years to life in prison.
Zamora was charged in the death of 74-year-old David Martin Paulson, whose body was found bloodied and beaten behind an Ogden restaurant in July 2018.
Police say Zamora told investigators that he had issues with Paulson in the past and two had fought before.
Zamora was scheduled to go on trial Sept. 17 before he reached a plea agreement on Friday.
Information from: Standard-Examiner, http://www.standard.net
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah’s Gail Miller is America’s 14th richest self-made woman
- Powerful typhoon lashes Philippines, killing at least 10
- ‘The End’ of Fortnite leaves millions staring at a black hole
- Heat advisory: FEMA says it’s too hot outside
- President Nelson launches Instagram page in Spanish
- Convicted University of Utah shooter extradited to Colorado
- With online learning, class bullies fade to the background
- Aaron Hadfield – Brighton High School
- Amy Madsen – Ellison Park Elementary
- You can now pay thousands of dollars to talk to celebrities for 10 minutes. Thanks, Cameo