KAYSVILLE — Kaysville Police are on the lookout for a person who flew a drone over Davis Technical College pretending to be them.
Problem-Oriented Policing Officer Alexis Benson says they got a call a few days ago reporting the drone.
“The drone had a speaker. It sounded like a recording that advised they were Kaysville Police and [the people on campus] needed to evacuate the area for an emergency,” Benson says.
No one took the message seriously.
Police are interviewing people to try and zero in on a suspect.
Benson says impersonating a police officer is against the law, but it is also dangerous.
“Being at the school, students or whoever is in the area might be concerned that it may be an active shooter scenario. We don’t want to startle anyone,” Benson says.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah’s Gail Miller is America’s 14th richest self-made woman
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Southeast Utah Health Department – The Hope Squad of Carbon and Emery Counties
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- FanX files motion to avoid legal bills
- New restrictions on fireworks to keep Utah residents safe
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington
- Arrests made in likely murder of missing Kearns woman
- Courage Reins
- POLICE FOOTAGE Lori Vallow’s ex-husband worried about their missing children and his…