SALT LAKE CITY — Logan, the home of Utah State University, has been named the best college town in Utah.
The kudos came from Reviews.org, a research organization that, according to their webpage, puts in hours of research in order to recommend the best products to their readers.
In this case, the product is the best college town in Utah. And their recommendation is Logan.
To find each state’s best college town, Reviews.org narrowed their list down to cities with fewer than 250,000 residents. That includes the metro areas that surround the college towns.
Then, using data from the Census Bureau and the Bureau of Labor Statistics, they analyzed the overall population and the student population. They looked at rental costs, the cost of a college education in the town and the number of transportation options. The unemployment rate was also a factor, as well as bar availability.
Next, Reviews.org looked at the cost of living and the unemployment rates specific to those aged 20 to 24.
Logan, Utah stayed on their lists through each of these review layers. That’s despite the fact that Logan wasn’t even in the top ten on Review.org’s “Nightlife and Fun,” category.
Logan was in the top ten in at least two other categories, however. Those are student employment and the cost of living.
Today’s Top Stories
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- Parents sue Park City School District, claim COVID-19 “Test to Stay” in schools…
- Volunteers for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints detained in Russia
- Treatment center, Turn-About Ranch, responds with statement
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Guess How a French Bulldog Survives a Six-Story Fall
- Melania Trump announces Rose Garden ‘renewal’ project
- One dead, two injured in overnight Salt Lake shooting
- Utah earthquake preparation and “The Big One”
- Fake high school sports sponsorship scam targeting Utah businesses