This $1,000 Challenge about dumb money decisions is Presented by Zip Mortgage powered by Zions Bank. Visit zionsbank.com. *Loans subject to credit approval; terms and conditions apply. A division of Zions Bancorporation, N.A. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender. NMLS# 467014.
We all have things that we’ve bought that we look back on now and say, that was dumb. You started by spending good money on your hobbies. And then even obsessed over. So, What are the dumb money decisions you’ve made? Do you even still use them? Also, how can you prevent yourself now from making those kinds of decisions in the future?
Dumb Money Decisions You’ve Made: Confession Time…
This $1,000 Challenge is a confessional. KSL NewsRadio’s Dave Noriega dumped hundreds of dollars into art supplies when he went through a Bob Ross phase. And Dave ate it up! He just loved Bob Ross’ dulcet calming voice. Well, KSL NewsRadio host Debbie Dujanovic’s Beanie Baby collection might actually compete with Dave’s painting materials collection. Debbie has spent entire vacation going shopping for Beanie Babies. Seriously, entire days. Now both of them have all this stuff. Should they have just saved their money?
Dave and Debbie also talk about an app that pays you to study and go to class, and they can’t figure out the catch. Check it out for yourself at classcash.io. The only problem is that the University of Utah and BYU aren’t available, so you might want to sign up for the waitlist…
The $1,000 Challenge
Join our secret $1,000 Challenge Facebook group, where you can share your progress toward $1,000 in savings, get tips from others, and share tips of your own.
Click here for official contest rules.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lee parts ways with President over who killed Saudi journalist
- Utah lawmakers push back on ‘America’s Red Rock Wilderness Act’
- Lynda Carter offers wonderful performance at FanX
- Sen. Lee says Utah National Guard kicked out of DC hotel
- One dead, two injured in overnight Salt Lake shooting
- Utah parents want vape tax
- Melania Trump announces Rose Garden ‘renewal’ project
- Utah earthquake preparation and “The Big One”
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- Sen. Mike Lee: Trump is not guilty