This $1,000 Challenge about money lessons is Presented by Zip Mortgage powered by Zions Bank. Visit zionsbank.com. *Loans subject to credit approval; terms and conditions apply. A division of Zions Bancorporation, N.A. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender. NMLS# 467014.
We’ve all made our money mistakes–KSL NewsRadio’s Dave Noriega and Debbie Dujanovic have told you probably all of theirs. But how about the money lessons you’ve learned over time?
So, What Are Your Money Lessons?
Utah State Auditor John “Frugal” Dougall says “Money brings a lot of baggage” for a lot of people. It can bring insecurities and even shame. And you need to step back and understand the challenges that come with that. And we need to take baby steps to make your money make sense for you and not the other way around. John recommends first determining what your priorities are with your money. Then understanding how much you make and spend less than you make. Ever been in a money crisis? Dave and Debbie Chat a little about this article from Yahoo about the 4 money lessons she learned that she wishes her younger self had known.
The $1,000 Challenge
Join our secret $1,000 Challenge Facebook group, where you can share your progress toward $1,000 in savings, get tips from others, and share tips of your own.
Click here for official contest rules.
Today’s Top Stories
- Special delivery: Over 500,000 protective face masks transported to Salt Lake International Airport
- Silver Island: a desert escape well worth a visit
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- 4 tips for getting a COVID-19 vaccine appointment booked sooner in Utah
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- Police make sixth arrest in the kidnapping and murder of Kearns woman
- What it was like hunting memes outside Area 51
- Illegal credit card skimming: Three habits I changed at the gas pump