HERRIMAN — Police on Saturday confirmed that a 10-year old girl, whose mother said she found unresponsive in the bathtub of her home has died.
Police on Thursday were called to a home near 12500 South and Moonlight Hill Court shortly after 11:00 A.M.
The girl’s mother told police the child had not been feeling well. She put her in the bathtub, then found her face down in the water when she returned to check on the girl.
Paramedics called a medical helicopter to rush her to the hospital, but police say she died Friday evening.
“This remains an active investigation pending any findings by the Office of the Medical Examiner as is standard practice in the State of Utah,” a release stated. “There is no information to indicate that this was anything other than a tragic accident.”
Police say they will not release the girl’s identification, or any further information.
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- One dead, five hurt in head-on crash at Bonneville Salt Flats
- Bill would create firearm safety pilot program in Utah schools
- Utah agriculture and food: cook any seeds you receive from China
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Evacuations force California man to cancel SLC trip
- Utah a good home for autonomous drone development, military one reason
- Tulsi Gabbard files lawsuit against Hillary Clinton for defamation
- Knolls Fire Update: Evacuation order lifted but still possible, only 25% contained