SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Thousands of people showed up to an outdoor shopping center in Utah to see rapper Kanye West perform what he calls a worship service.
Saturday’s concert was held right before the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints held its twice-yearly conference in Salt Lake City.
West took the stage late in his worship service and performed one song — “Jesus Walks,” from his 2004 album “The College Dropout.”
— Colby Walker (@walk_colb) October 5, 2019
Afterward, the Salt Lake Tribune reported that West prayed and testified to the crowd about his religious journey.
He also talked politics and what he called the dangers of social media.
The Deseret News reported that between 7,000 and 10,000 people attended the event.
West has been traveling the country holding these church-like concerts that include choir singers and other musicians.
Today’s Top Stories
- NWSL players now have the option to remain in the locker room during the National Anthem
- Burgess Owens in Washington for orientation for Utah’s 4th district
- Uncle of missing five-year-old in Logan charged with murder, remains found
- Air quality is dangerous for some across Wasatch Front
- Tentative deal reached on anti-gerrymandering initiative
- Church leaders break ground for the Auckland New Zealand Temple