(CNN) — Two associates of Rudy Giuliani connected to efforts to dig up dirt in Ukraine on Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden were arrested Wednesday on criminal charges for violating campaign finance rules, according to a spokesman for the Southern District of New York.
Igor Fruman and Lev Parnas were detained Dulles airport outside of Washington and are expected to appear in court in Virginia on Thursday.
The investigation was conducted by the SDNY.
The Wall Street Journal first reported the arrests.
Parnas was Giuliani’s fixer in Ukraine, introducing him to current and former officials as far back as 2018, according to CNN’s reporting.
They gave hundreds of thousands in donations to a Trump-allied super PAC, according to the Miami Herald.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Virgin River tests positive for cyanobacteria that produces toxins
- 18-year-old dead following fatal crash on Mountain View Corridor
- Provo PD seeing many cars with illegal black license plates
- Prosecutors warn parents about online safety after more than 100 predators arrested within…
- New details about Lake Powell boat crash
- Review: Was “Frozen 2” a good sequel or even a good movie?
- Russia, China both continue to pose threat, expert says
- Video of accusations at a fast and testimony meeting sparks response
- UTA awards contract to study $1.2 billion extension plan
- Utah Jazz win, promote two players for big awards