(CNN) — Two associates of Rudy Giuliani connected to efforts to dig up dirt in Ukraine on Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden were arrested Wednesday on criminal charges for violating campaign finance rules, according to a spokesman for the Southern District of New York.
Igor Fruman and Lev Parnas were detained Dulles airport outside of Washington and are expected to appear in court in Virginia on Thursday.
The investigation was conducted by the SDNY.
The Wall Street Journal first reported the arrests.
Parnas was Giuliani’s fixer in Ukraine, introducing him to current and former officials as far back as 2018, according to CNN’s reporting.
They gave hundreds of thousands in donations to a Trump-allied super PAC, according to the Miami Herald.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- Trouble with Teams? Microsoft reports problems with “multiple 365 services.”
- The story of Sgt. Cade Brenchley, hit by a car in line of duty
- Utah hospitals could receive COVID-19 vaccines in less than two weeks
- Throngs to pack Times Square for mild, rainy New Year’s Eve
- Utah tourism unemployment at an all time high according to new report
- Is it time to scrap straight-ticket voting in Utah?
- Davis County updates first cases of COVID-19 at correctional facility
- Two construction areas to be aware of this weekend may affect traffic
- Mitchell powers Jazz to 128-124 win over Wizards