SALT LAKE CITY — The Commission on Presidential Debates announced on Friday that the University of Utah will play host to a Vice Presidential Debate next October.
The debate will be held at Kingsbury Hall at 7 PM on Wednesday, October 7, 2020, and will run for 90 minutes. This is the first time a national debate has been held in Utah.
The debate commission announced four general election debates: three presidential debates and one vice presidential debate.
The first general election presidential debate will be held on Sept. 29, 2020, at the University of Notre Dame. The second debate will then be held at the University of Michigan on October 13, and finally at Belmont University in Nashville, TN on October 22.
Utah is the only western state that will host any of the general election debates.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sen. Mike Lee: Trump is not guilty
- Fake high school sports sponsorship scam targeting Utah businesses
- Lee parts ways with President over who killed Saudi journalist
- Utah parents want vape tax
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- Utah earthquake preparation and “The Big One”
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- The story of Sgt. Cade Brenchley, hit by a car in line of duty
- Pornography addiction almost destroys a Utah man’s life
- No pool? No problem. With Swimply, you can rent one