TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Jordan Cronkrite ran for 158 yards and two touchdowns and South Florida rallied in the fourth quarter to beat BYU 27-23 on Saturday.
The Cougars led 16-7 at halftime before Cronkrite ran it in from a yard out to reduce the margin. BYU responded with a 5-play, 70-yard drive in a little under two minutes and led 23-14 after Jaren Hall’s 29-yard TD run.
Early in the fourth, the Bulls’ (3-3) Jordan McCloud ran it in from two yards out. Cronkrite closed out the scoring with a 3-yard run.
South Florida stiffened on defense after Hall’s touchdown. First, the Cougars went three-and-out and gained a yard.
BYU picked off South Florida on its next possession but went minus-8 yards in four plays before fumbling the ball away.
A BYU missed field goal followed and the Cougars’ final two possessions resulted in turnovers on downs.
Hall led BYU (2-4) with 148 yards passing and 83 yards rushing.
Today’s Top Stories
- Advice from a registered sex offender: teach your kids
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- “Freak accident” claims two moose calves near Mountain Dell Golf Course
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Chip Hayes – South Summit Middle School
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death