SAN JOSE, Calif. — Friends and family of a missing Utah tech company CEO said Saturday the 33-year-old woman’s body had been found in California.
Valenti, last seen Monday afternoon, was expected to drive from Palo Alto to San Jose in a rental car, then catch a flight back to Salt Lake City where she was expected to receive an award from the Women Tech Council. She did not make her flight and never showed up for the award ceremony on Wednesday.
That same day, her husband posted an appeal on Facebook for information to help find Valenti.
Friends and family traveled to California to search for Valenti and help raise awareness about her disappearance.
The San Jose Police Department did not immediately confirm whether the body, found in a parked car, was that of Erin Valenti, but several friends confirmed the finding to KSL, and Valenti’s family sent out this statement:
Erin has been found. Please call off the search. We all greatly appreciate the effort and support people have provided. The family will release more information as they are able to.
The Santa Clara County coroner’s office will determine cause and manner of death, police said.
Valenti ran the Utah-based Tinker Ventures, a company that develops applications for web and smartphone. She was well-known and respected within Utah’s tech community.
Clint Betts, Executive Director of Silicon Slopes/Utah Tech Council, described Valenti as a “force for good” in a statement reacting to the news.
“It’s hard to imagine the Silicon Slopes community without her in it. Our hearts go out to her husband and family during this unimaginable time. We are devastated,” Betts wrote.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- Trouble with Teams? Microsoft reports problems with “multiple 365 services.”
- The story of Sgt. Cade Brenchley, hit by a car in line of duty
- Utah hospitals could receive COVID-19 vaccines in less than two weeks
- Throngs to pack Times Square for mild, rainy New Year’s Eve
- Utah tourism unemployment at an all time high according to new report
- Is it time to scrap straight-ticket voting in Utah?
- Mitchell powers Jazz to 128-124 win over Wizards
- Roy High teacher accused of sexual enticement, exploitation of a minor
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park