MILLCREEK, Utah — Police say they have a man is in custody after a standoff in Millcreek where they say he assaulted a child and fired several rounds at a neighbor.
Detective Kevin Mallory with Unified Police said they received a call shortly after 3 pm in the Doreen Street area in Millcreek that a man had “confronted some juveniles that were riding their bikes in the area, and during that confrontation between the juveniles and the adult male, an assault occurred on one of the children.”
Mallory said that after that confrontation and assault one of the parents of the children involved came outside to intervene when the first man pulled out a handgun and fired several shots at the parent before barricading himself inside his home.
A SWAT team was called in to negotiate with the man and after several hours the SWAT team was able to arrest the man without incident.
“We had a lot of good help on our neighbors here, who were able to give us some good information,” Mallory said.
The man’s name has not been released at the time of writing.
Today’s Top Stories
- Bodies of missing girls found in Utah Lake
- Actress sues actor Tom Sizemore, claiming sex abuse on set
- Police say West Valley City man planned mass shooting during SLC protest
- Feds warn UFO enthusiasts against storming Area 51: The military ‘stands ready’
- Charter school teacher charged with child abuse
- AP changes writing style to capitalize ”b” in Black
- Utah County Commissioner wants Utah open for business
- Sergeant Brian Taylor, Provo Police Department
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington